1. And second, while perceptions haven't changed much, the reality has: Making sure stuff gets where it needs to go, as cheaply and efficiently as possible, has evolved into a high-tech, high-stakes game that calls for a scarce combination of "hard" and "soft" skills.
2. Over the first weekend of 2015 the second-largest bitcoin exchange, Slovenia-based Bitstamp, was victim of a hack to the tune of some $5 million U.S. dollars’ worth of the digital currency. As the tech press were quick to point out, it was a worrisome start to the year for a digital currency that Quartz had already declared “the worst investment of 2014.” And if you look at its performance between Jan 1, 2014 and Jan. 1, 2015, that’s not wrong: bitcoin ended the year at 39% of the value it started with.
3. US listings were up from 2016, which marked the one of the weakest periods in years. According to Dealogic, 112 IPOs have priced year to date, versus just 63 at this time last year. Issuance volume has more than doubled to $31.6bn.
5. I used to go fishing in Vancouver with my dad until just a few years ago we found the fish full of cancers. And now we hear about animals and plants going extinct every day -- vanishing forever. 以前和我爸爸经常在vancouver钓鱼，但在近几年却发现鱼的身上到处是癌细胞。我们每天都会听说有的动物和植物绝种，那是永远消失的事情。
6. 'Inside Llewyn Davis' finds the Coen brothers, Joel and Ethan, in a hauntingly somber mood that somehow translates into memorable drama. I think my review should have made it clearer that this elegy for a casualty of pop culture is a special taste; some of it is fairly glum. So much of it, though, gets to something stirring by way of Oscar Isaac's phenomenal performance as a self-defeating folk singer fatefully dedicated to his art.
西西软件园 In 2013, the total number of applicants who qualified for the national service exam reached a record 1.52 million. In 2014, the total number decreased for the first time in four years to 1.41 million, the People's Daily website said.